St. Louis Transport Options:
- Mobility 4 U Mike Flotken Mike@Mobilityforu.com (314) 873-6814 (rental vehicles with side ramps)
- OATS Transportation Service 636-441-0898 www.oatstransit.org
- American Cancer Society 314-286-8100 (cancer related treatments and appointments only)
- EMT 314-781-6400 (Automobiles, stretchers and wheelchair accessible vans)
- Continuum 314-863-9912 (24 hour advance notice required)
- Mideast Area on Aging 314-615-7418 CORE Transportation Program
- St. Louis Area Agency on Aging – 314-612-5900 SeniorCenter Transport Program
- Disabled American Veterans (DAV) 314-289-6443
- Medicaid Non-Emergency Transportation 1-866-269-5927
- Most hospitals and some medical offices provide transportation to doctor’s appts.
- Seniors on the Fly, Vicki Fieman, 314-591-9911, Website: seniorsonthefly.com. She charges $15 per hr with a two hr min. 2nd person add’l $5 per hr. utilizing a 4 door Sedan. Easy access. She stays with the client during the call.
- OASIS 314-539-4555 (They offer Stretcher van, Paralift or Van)
- Metrolink 314-231-2345
- Point of Change Ministries Transit Services Norma Brooks, Exec. Dir,Eric Harris, Dir. Of Transit, 314-863-6484 Available M-F 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sat. 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. No Sundays.
- Dave Harris, CNA and Missouri Class E Chauffer License 314-721-7464 (Charges $20/hr with a minimum of 2 hours. Honda Odyssey 2007 Mini Van, Living centrally in Clayton/University City area; will travel a 25 mile radius of home. Will stay with the client until finished
- Mary Go Round, Don Rose, 636-207-8743, cell: 314-223-6327, email@example.com. Provides transport to medical appts.
- St. Louis Cab Company 314-993-8294 ($2.50 first 1/10th mile; 17 cents each additional mile; $2.00 fuel surcharge. $22.00/hr waiting time)
- Some communities offer transportation. Check with your city government
- Some churches provide transportation if you are a member and most senior resident facilities offer transportation.
Compliments of Caring for Parents Together, 314-484-8623
Verify these charges before making transportation arrangements as they may not be current. However, I did call most of these numbers to make sure they were still active.