1. Follow a Mediterranean diet
a. Fish & chicken each week. Meat once or twice per month.
b. Fruits & vegetables – locally grown preferred.
c. Whole grains
d. Beans, Nuts & Legumes
e. Use Olive Oil when cooking
f. Wine in moderation; lots of water
g. Herbs and spices to flavor minimize salt.
2. No Trans Fats…Use olive oil, coconut oil and canola oils when cooking. No cookies, cakes, processed foods.
3. Mentally Stimulating Activities
a. crossword puzzles
b. scrabble or bananagram
d. learn new skills/languages
4. Physical Exercise – low impact
5. B Vitamin complex
6. Omega-3 fatty acid supplement
7. Eat foods high in antioxidants like blueberries, cherries & fruits high in Vitamin C & E.
8. Eat whole foods not processed foods
9. Reduce sugar intake. once a week; substitute fruits & honey.
10. Keep weight within normal limits but do not get too thin. There will not be a reserve if you have a health event.