Blueprint for Care: A Practical Guide to Managing Care for Your Loved One
By: Diane Keefe, Geriatric Care Manager
Why is it so difficult to be a good caregiver?
This book is a reference for anyone who has ever agonized over care decisions for your loved one.
It contains Fall Prevention Checklists so that you can ensure that you have done all you can do to ensure your loved one’s well-being and safety. It points you to professionals who can help assess and recommend care for your loved one. It provides templates for you to organize your information as well as helpful links so that you will be prepared to advocate in the event of a health crisis with your loved one. These practical tips will ensure that you handle the caregiving task with ease!
Chapters include practical information on:
- Organizing Your Personal Health Record
- End of Life Planning
- Managing Medications
- Professionals Who Can Help
- Advocating for the Older Adult
- Fall Prevention Checklist and Safety in the Home
- Independence Through Technology
- Keeping the Older Adult in Their Home
- Mobility Equipment and other Assistive Aids
- To Drive or Not to Drive
- Family Communications and Responsibilities
- Encouraging Well-Being in Older Adults
- Dealing with Dementia
- When Is Hospice Needed
- Choosing a Residential Facility
- Taking Care of the Caregiver
- Providing Personal Care To Your Loved One
Blueprint for Care is a practical guide for managing care for your loved one. It contains information acquired through personal caregiving experiences as well as experience gained from my education and clients through my care management company. Now you can benefit too. – Diane Keefe
Blueprint for Care Workbook is a tool that can be used to collect some of the difficult and sensitive information you need as a caregiver. With this workbook, you will be guided through all the information you need to have within your reach in the event of a health care crisis or unexpected hospitalization through end of life. It was designed as a companion to the book.
The book is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble websites. Bulk pricing available to companies who want to give their customers the book. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain bulk pricing information.